Since 2007, he is a Senior Staff Researcher at MIMOS Berhad, working on Internet of Things, sensors and cognitive radio network. He has published over 90 articles in high impact journal and conference proceedings. He has 7 patents granted and 41 patents filed. He is a Senior Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), USA. He is a registered Professional Engineer with Board of Engineers, Malaysia.
Hafizal Mohamad received the B.Eng. with First Class Honours and Ph.D. in Electronic Engineering from University of Southampton, UK in 1998 and 2003, respectively. He was a faculty member at the Multimedia University, Malaysia from 1998. He served a short stint as a visiting fellow at National Institute of Information and Communication Technology (NICT), Yokosuka, Japan in 2005.
MIMOS Berhad (July 2007 – today) – Hafizal Mohamad has been working on the research and
development activities, specifically on WiMAX technology, Wi-fi technology, Wireless
Sensor Network, connecting things, internet of things (ioT), and other related field.
1. Y. Saleem, A. K. L. Yau, H. Mohamad, N. Ramli and M. H. Rehmani, “Clustering and Reinforcement Learning based Routing for Cognitive Radio Networks,” accepted for publication in the IEEE Wireless Communications, 2017.
2. I. Mustapha, B. M. Ali, A. Sali, M.F.A. Rasid, and H. Mohamad, “An Energy Efficient Reinforcement Learning based Cooperative Channel Sensing for Cognitive Radio Sensor Networks,” Pervasive and Mobile Computing, vol. 35, pp. 165-184, 2016.
3. A. R. Syed, K-L. A. Yau, J. Qadir, H. Mohamad, N. Ramli, and S. L. Keoh, “Route Selection for Multi-Hop Cognitive Radio Networks Using Reinforcement Learning: An Experimental Study,” IEEE Access, vol. 4, pp. 6304-6324, 2016.
4. Y. Saleem, A. K. L. Yau, H. Mohamad, N. Ramli and M. H. Rehmani, “SMART: A SpectruM-Aware clusteR-based rouTing scheme for distributed cognitive radio networks,” Computer Networks, no. 91, pp. 196-224, ISSN 1389-1286, 2015.
5. I. Mustapha, B. M. Ali, A. Sali, M. F. A. Rasid and H. Mohamad, “An Energy-Efficient Spectrum-Aware Reinforcement Learning-Based Clustering Algorithm for Cognitive Radio Sensor Networks,” Sensors, 15, pp. 19783-19818, ISSN 1424-8220, 2015.